The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook Forum Index The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook
The Unofficial Home of Sturt Supporters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Belting at Unley - 1983

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook Forum Index -> The News Stand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barto
Unley Über Alles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Belting at Unley - 1983 Reply with quote

Jimmy
Unley Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes me feel better reading that...
One eyed sturt supporter
Oxford & Cambridge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: What a pleasure to read! Reply with quote

What a game!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So Beautifull!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Such a truely emotional read!!

Time for us to recreate this match the next time we meet the maggots in the finals!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Staring Brant Chambers in the role made famous by the Jumbo prince in 1983. Laughing Laughing
djackmanson
Scoreboard Bar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: I was there! Reply with quote

Hi, David J here - moved to Brisbane a few years ago but looking to get back in touch with SANFL.

I grew up in Highgate and often used to walk to Sturt matches at Unley Oval in the 80s to cheer on the Double Blues and collect cans for the 5c deposits.

I remember this match! I'd wormed my way to the front of the cheer squad in front of the northern goals (the ones near the time clock and scoreboard).

I was wearing a red T-shirt and after one of Davies' many goals I was able to see a gimpse of me cheering on the TV news that night. Great days...

Rick Davies was on fire that day. In fact it was a great season for Sturt, except for the Grand Final Sad

BTW I was full-back for the Sturt mini-league team in the Grand Final replay the next year at Footy Park Smile

Cheers David
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barto
Unley Über Alles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for your recollections on that game David, I still have that came on video and if I ever get around to getting a video capture card on the PC, I'll see if we can find an image for you Smile
Couldabeen
Unley Oval Fence Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that game too. We played under 11's in the morning and I asked a mate (Port suppoter) to go with me and mum. We sat at the southern goals and I verbally smashed my mate as much as Sturt smashed Port that day. One of the great memories of my childhood.
mike
Oxford & Cambridge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there that day. Remember travelling down from the country expecting a close tussle. We absolutely blew them away. One of my most memorable sporting momements from my childhood.
purch
500 Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unley Massacre Part I http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIl_E2VB9M
The Unley Massacre Part II http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LR0Qv0NsWKk
godoubleblues
Spirit of '76

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purch wrote:
The Unley Massacre Part I http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIl_E2VB9M
The Unley Massacre Part II http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LR0Qv0NsWKk

some great footage there, love watching the old games such as that one
interesting that Craig Bradley was playing for Port at the time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook Forum Index -> The News Stand All times are GMT + 9.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: