The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook Forum Index The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook
The Unofficial Home of Sturt Supporters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2002 Premiership: Bruising Blues Bulldoze Bulldogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook Forum Index -> The News Stand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barto
Unley Über Alles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: 2002 Premiership: Bruising Blues Bulldoze Bulldogs Reply with quote

Couldabeen
Unley Oval Fence Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed a "pick me up", so I read this again. Thanks barto.
Jimmy
Unley Legend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its awesome to look back on.

Could we have done more in 03???
Barto
Unley Über Alles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have most of my possessions in storage in anticaption of moving house. When I'm settled, hoping to crank things up again.
Jimmy
Unley Legend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good mate, i actually meant could the club do more in 03 instead of bowing out, i thought we had a good side...damn eagles Evil or Very Mad
Blue Monday
500 Club

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy wrote:
good mate, i actually meant could the club do more in 03 instead of bowing out, i thought we had a good side...damn eagles Evil or Very Mad

On paper great side but mentally we were not ready. Was an absolute credit to the club and all players involved that they were able to make it through the season and finish 3rd. A very underrated performance in my opinion.
Jimmy
Unley Legend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEE wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

On paper great side but mentally we were not ready. Was an absolute credit to the club and all players involved that they were able to make it through the season and finish 3rd. A very underrated performance in my opinion.

yeah good point...hell for a second there i almost....but yeah, some of the things they went thru just to front up, hell, id have crumbled Embarassed
Special K
True Blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEE wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Good point. I still today think that some of the blokes that went through that horrible experience were ever quite the same again. I guess when you go through something like that it's quite life changing. I can't even comprehend what it would've been like.
gothic_blue_girl
Freak Flag Flying

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special K wrote:

Good point. I still today think that some of the blokes that went through that horrible experience were ever quite the same again. I guess when you go through something like that it's quite life changing. I can't even comprehend what it would've been like.

*Nods* absolutely....I have seen uncensored photos of some of the carnage in Bali and some of the stuff those boys must have witnessed was just sickening almost beyond comprehension. Any experience of that magnitude has got to leave an indelible mark on your psyche. I definitely think it was a credit to the courage and determination of the lads that they made it to the top 3 that year....against such adversity and personal battles to heal mental scars from such a horrific experience, I think the boyd did themselves and their supporters proud Very Happy

Special K - "Nah not my girl" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sturt Football Club Scrapbook Forum Index -> The News Stand All times are GMT + 9.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: